Thursday, March 28, 2013

Last email from the MTC!!

Well a lot has happened this week. Let’s start with Tuesday. After I was finished emailing I went back to my room and read in the scriptures in French and English just trying to learn some French until it was time for choir. Last week the choir teacher told us that Tuesday was going to be special. I thought there was going to be an awesome speaker but when we got to choir there was a camera crew there. It was kind of weird but he told us that on the Saturday session of conference, you know how there is a little thing between the two sessions; they were going to discuss the MTC and how many missionaries are here now. So they asked us to sing this song and they filmed us and we are going to be in the thing! So be sure to watch for me. The speaker that night was not an apostle but was still a great speaker. His name was Scott D Whiting, of the Seventy, and he talked to us about swallowing our fears and having faith and how we have the Holy Ghost to comfort us and guide us so we just need to trust in the Lord. Wednesday I got a letter from Jared and Rachel and Tori and Garrett. It was awesome!! It totally helped me during the week and I am so grateful for them. Oh and Jessica, one of Derek’s friends came in to the MTC and it was fun to talk to her and find out where Michelle was going on her mission. I also saw Tasha Singer, she is a teacher here and it was cool to talk to her as well. The rest of the week was the same but Saturday I was preparing for our lesson with Yann and I was kind of stressing out because I was not ready. The Lord blessed me because we had a sub. It was an awesome spiritual lesson. I learned so much from him. His name is Fere Wilcox and he taught us about scriptures and how important they are and how Christ quoted scripture when he was tempted. It was awesome. He told us not to let our lack of faith limit what the Lord can do and that Satan is angry when the weakest member gets down on his knees. Sunday was awesome! Our choir teacher told us that next Sunday for Easter we are having some members of the 12 come speak to us! It is going to be great. Brother Allen spoke to us about our missions and it was funny and powerful. Monday was a regular day but I did get my travel plans!!! I leave the US April 1st. It’s a direct flight which is awesome!  I love you all so very much and keep up the great work at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment