Tuesday, April 9, 2013

FRANCE!!!

Well I am finally here in France!! I don’t know what time it is at home but it is 4:00pm here. Well let’s see a lot has happened since the little old MTC.  First with the lamb it was kind of fun. (As a family we were asked to do a secret act of service and given a lamb to leave for the benefactor with the scripture Matthew 25:31-46).  When we first got to the MTC me and my companion were so lost and we found what we now know has a Narnia hole. It is where missionaries who leave the MTC leave a little something in there.  We found a rubber band ball that was huge and that was it. So when we left we left the rubber band ball and this Easter bunny mask that was really freaky and a map of the MTC with little notes from us of what not to do and what to do, shortcuts, and pretty much the ins and outs of the MTC with the lamb.  That is my lamb story. Well when I left the MTC there was a total of 21 of us leaving for Paris and we were all so excited and could not wait to get on the plane and leave. Me and this other elder were travel leaders and we had to make sure everyone got on the plane and stayed together. That did not go so well but more of that later. Our group made it through security, not a big surprise there. Come on! We are missionaries! Then we found our gate and everybody split looking for a phone. I walked up to this pay phone and a lady, who was a member, said don’t use that.  I did not like it when my son called on that because the bill was so high. Then she gave me her phone and I called thinking I would get to talk to just my mom and Aunt Michelle answered. I was like what?? And it turns out everybody in the family was there.  So cool!!! Italked to everyone and then had to board the plane but remember I am the travel leader yea!!! So this other elder and I waited at the gate and everybody got on the plane but 3. We were like where are they and no joke we look down the hall and there are the 3 sister missionaries running like in the movie Home Alone. It was so funny! We all got on the plane and took our 10 hour fight to France. I slept most of the way so that was kind of nice.  We landed and got our stuff and found the Mission President and his wife along with the APs. They had Book of Mormons for us. There is a really good pastry called pain du chocolate. It was so good. They then took our bags to the church and we took the metro to the church. Man it was crazy and so much fun at the same time! I was in complete shock. I did not get to see many sites but I will and you will get more pictures so don’t worry. Anyways, the church building was really weird. It was not a regular church building in the states but it was still cool. So this whole time I felt like I was in the movie Les Miserables. It was awesome. At the church they had some tech difficulties so the meetings they had for us went longer than planned. After the church we went straight to the hotel which was nice. The next morning they took us not to Notre Dame but to the Sacre le Coure which is very beautiful and we wrote our goals for our mission up there.  It’s on a mountain so there were a lot of stairs. After that we went back to the church to find out who are trainers were going to be and where are first transfer was. I was so excited. We walked in the room and on one side were our trainers and the other our seats. We sat down and when the President began he would show a power point and then the trainer and then the new missionary or blues, as they call them here. SO the slide came up for VANNES and ELDER WALLACE and then my name. I jumped out of my chair with joy. It was awesome! After the meeting I said hi to my trainer and he is from California and loves Disney just like me. He was in band too and we have a lot more in common. Then we left for the train station, I have never been on a train. It was so cool.  Our train ride was 3 hours.  When we got to Vannes, which is on the west side of France, we met our branch missionary leader. He is awesome and he took us to his house where we ate lasagna. Then we went to the apartment and slept. The next day I went contacting for the first time and it was kind of scary but it’s really fun even if nobody wants to talk to you. I have been doing that and tracting for the past week except for the weekend. We got to watch conference on Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday am session is live here at 6pm super weird. But then on Sunday we had to watch the priesthood and Saturday pm not live. Then Sunday morning AM live at 6pm just because of the missionary schedule. Conference was amazing and super uplifting for me. I just can’t wait to go back out and serve some more, tonight we are going to have FHE at our branch president or bishop house and watch the rest of conference. Can’t wait so until next Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment