Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Week two in the MTC

So a lot has happened to me in just one week!  After I emailed my family I had to go to dinner and then choir practice. It was so much fun.  We had a devotional that night and Elder M. Russell Ballard spoke.  It was amazing! He told us that we don’t need to stress ourselves because we grew up with the gospel and we know it. He stressed that a lot and he told us that the Lord has always trusted the youth of the church and he has all the trust in us. He also said we are a miracle and we need to love every minute of our mission. The next day I was sitting in class and I had to go to the travel office.  They told me that I was going to go to San Francisco on Thursday to visit the French government building for my visa.  I was super excited about that. On Wednesday’s new missionaries arrive and I saw Sister McQuay!! It was so much fun to see someone I knew from back home.
 Finally it was Thursday!! I had to get up at 4:30am to catch my flight. It was a total of 10 missionaries who went and we had so much fun. When we landed in California we went straight to the French building for our visas and I got to talk a little French. It was awesome! San Francisco weather was so amazing!!  I kind of did not want to go back to Utah hahah.  After getting our visas we asked our driver to take us to the Golden Gate Bridge.  It was really foggy but I could sort of see it, it looked so cool.  Then we went to pier 39 and ate food and we saw Alcatraz from there.  It looked so spooky with all the fog.  Before we left the MTC we were handed some pass along cards and we got to go around while sightseeing handing pass along cards to people and talking to them about the church.  I can’t wait do it in France!!  After that we went to the Ghirardelli chocolate factory and we got some chocolate. (Don’t be jealous Derek!)  It was delicious. Then it was back to the MTC and our little field trip was over.
 The next day was March 1st and nothing really special happened that day just a new month.   I found out I leave for France the 1st of April and there are a total of 30 missionaries going that day. The next day we got 2 investigators and Elder Kochal and I have been teaching them in French.  We also got a new teacher named Soeur Sandhervall.  She is amazing and so much fun.  Sunday was fast Sunday and the spirit was so strong in our fast and testimony meeting.  It was all in French.  We had a devotional where the Temple president came and talked about our investigators and the role of the Temple with them.  We also watched a broadcast of David A. Bednar called Characters of Christ.  It was soooooo goooood!  I learned so much and I know how to be the best missionary because of it.  I suggest you try to find it and watch it. The link is: http://www2.byui.edu/Presentations/transcripts/religionsymposium/2003_01_25_bednar.htm
Yesterday was just a normal day at the MTC nothing happened just learning and eating and teaching our investigators. Oh and we learned the first vision in French and I have it memorized!  Thank the Lord for that talent of mine. Today was another great p-day. We went to Temple but instead of doing endowments I did sealings and I had to be a son and I loved it. The couple who came in did their own family names. Well that was my week hope yours was just as great.
Love you guys so much and miss you all.  Aurevoir!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment