Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 15, 2014

Well hey howdy. Hey everybody it’s been another week. Can you believe it? It seems like weeks just fly by when you are doing missionary work. Well to start off… On Monday we had a super fun p-day. Patrick picked us up right after studies and he drove us to a city just 30 min by car. It’s called Dinant and it was so cool. We had a blast! When Patrick picked us up it was really foggy and on our way up he drove the long way through little villages and stuff. We could see more and we saw some cool castles and even some ruins. It was cool with the fog. When we get to Dinant and the fog cleared up we could see the Citadelle and everything. It was really cool. First we went and saw Aldof Sax's home. He was born here in Dinant and he is the inventor of the saxophone. That was really cool to see as I was in band. The city was covered in cool saxophones. Then we went and saw the Citadelle which is a military building with its primary focus to protect a bridge. At the time bridges were really important and in fact we even got to learn about its history. It played a major role in the First World War, and in the citadelle there was even a really cool exhibit. It was a bunch of Disney characters and stuff all made out of sand. It was really cool. They looked like ice sculptures but sand. Then we went and saw the big church in town. We came home and did emails. Then we passed by some old investigators that night to see if they were still interested. On Tuesday we had our Zone Conference in Bruxelles with president and his wife and it was really good but really long. We started at 10:30 in the morning and we were finished around 4:00. It was long but really good. After that we hurried to the gare (station) where we caught our train and headed back to Charleroi. Patrick picked us up and we headed to our dinner appointment with the Van Hulst family. They are a really cool family from the ward and diner was super good. We ended up sharing a spiritual thought from the Liahona, well I guess it’s the ensign back home. On Wednesday we had our second lesson with the Miracle Man from the post last Monday. It turns out he does not want to change he just wanted to learn more about us and stuff. He said it was mainly educational. So that was sad. He told us that he learned all he needed and did not want to meet with us anymore. After that we ate lunch and then we did some contacting the rest of the day till diner. For dinner we had dinner at the bishop's house. It was so cool. While we were at the table we got to talking about our lives before the mission and I told them that I loved watching tv series and movies, and Disney. The bishop's wife got intrigued because she loves tv series as well. She asked what my favorite was and I told her Once Upon a Time and she flipped out. She got super happy and said she loved that series as well and that she was just watching it before we came over haha. I told her not to tell me anything. I want to catch up when I get home. It was such a fun night and we really bonded with the bishop and his family that night. They gave us a family name to pass by so after diner we went and passed by. They asked us to come back next week. They were really busy so that was really cool. On Thursday we had a lesson with Abraham, a less active, and that night we had our meeting with the bishop and his counselors and our ward mission leader. The rest of the day we were either talking with people or eating and it was great. Not a whole lot of people super interested but we still talked to some really cool people. Then on Friday we normally do weekly planning but today we were way to busy which was really cool. In the morning we went and taught Darios, a recent convert. Then we had a lesson with an old investigator named Margaritta. Now we know why they stopped seeing her. It is because she does not really speak French. She speaks Romanian. Then we had a lesson with Jean, a less active. After that we headed to Patrick’s house and we headed up to Jacques and Chantal's house. We talked about the priesthood. After the lesson, we went and saw another old investigator, Jean-Pierre and his wife. They were really cool and after the lesson we all three felt that they could be ready for the gospel now. Then we went home and ate dinner. Saturday we did some contacting in the morning. Then we had lunch with Patrick. After lunch we went and saw a less active family and some of our investigators. That night we ended up just doing porting and nobody answered. It was a very long night. Then on Sunday Elder Turley gave a talk. It was really good. After church we ate lunch with Patrick again. Then we went and saw some more less actives. After that we ate dinner. Then finally we did our weekly planning, and that was our week. It was really crazy but super fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment