Wednesday, May 15, 2013

May 13, 2013

Okay so this last week had its ups and downs. Monday after emails we went to the apartment and I wrote Jared and Rachel back. Then we took a nap a much needed nap. I love P-days! Then at 6:00 we went out to go porting and nobody wanted to do anything with us. We got to thinking that we need to have rendezvous in the nights because we schedule them in the middle of the day and we should also try to get a F.H.E at a member’s home. So the next day we had a district meeting, last one for my first transfer!  It was awesome. My district leader Elder A. is super cool and super funny. We got this funny farewell because of transfers. After the district meeting we left the soeurs because they were getting the car. Yes we have a car and no I do not drive it yet. I don’t have a license here in France and it is stick shift which is really hard to even watch somebody drive let alone drive it oh la la. So we left the soeurs and we came back to Vannes and we had a rendezvous set up but we went to the wrong house. Then we could not find it so we called D. up and he said no problem just come by next week. We said okay and then this lady stopped us on the road and started talking and she agreed to meet with us. Because she was single we gave her to the soeurs but it was cool that she was totally prepared by the Lord. Then Wednesday we went porting and we ported this house with an old guy who name was Monisuer Allen but he told me I pronounce my name wrong and his was right. I was like okay. He was a very nice old man and he let us in. We found out he was Lutheran and he knew of the Mormons and he said it’s great that you are here to confront the Catholics. We said we are not here just for Catholics.  We are here for everybody and we went into the first lesson just like that about the restoration and authority and the true church. He did not seem believing but we are planning on going back to see how he takes the Book of Mormon. Then that night we had a meeting with our branch mission leader. We call him a DMB and that was super fun. Thursday we went to Peaule to visit our favorite English family and we taught L. about faith. We talked about burying his weapons of rebellion like the Anti Nephi Lehis buried their weapons of war. L.needs to bury his cigarettes and he said he would it just needs more time. He does not think he can take that step of faith. Brother G. pulled out Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade movie and turned to the part where he has to take the leap of faith to save his dad and get the cup. It really helped L. out. It is amazing when members are helping the missionaries. The work moves and members are so important to missionary work. Then we did service for the G. family. We cut this huge bush so it looks good now. The G.s have this cat named Belle and Elder W. loves Belle but I am okay if she stays away from me. So after we did service the G. family fed us and while we where waiting for diner Belle came inside. Elder W. started calling her and he got on the floor so he could hold her and I was sitting on the couch. Belle came up and jumped on my lap, laid down, and I started petting her and she purred. Elder W. came up and said come here Belle come to me but she would not move. Belle does not like Elder W.. It is super funny. Friday we had weekly planning and it was fun I guess as planning can be. But it was much needed. We discussed ways to find more people and help our investigators into white. Then we went porting and nobody wanted to even say a word to us. I am getting used to doors slamming in my face. I just wish people would hear what I have to say. Saturday was fun. We had a rendezvous scheduled with this less active member but he canceled on us. We did not get the chance to meet him so we are trying to get another time with him. This elder couple came to our place to inspect our apartment and we passed and they said it looked so clean. Yes!! We then went porting and this one house we ported a girl answered and she said her parents were not home so we were like ummm what do we do. But then she said do you have a message for me about your church and we said yes. She said give it to me. So cool!  We gave her a card with our number on it and hopefully something happens with that. Then Sunday I got to go to church and did not lead the music this week. After church we got a ride with the G.s and then I Skyped you. Elder W. had to wait a couple of hours because of the time difference. After he Skyped, we ate tea, it’s what the G.s call dinner. Then we left and got back to Vannes at 8:58. Perfect timing because we made back in the apartment by 9. And that was my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment