Monday, May 6, 2013

April 29, 2013


Well I am early today! Sorry I am in Paris RIGHT NOW!!!!!! Getting myself legal in France. I will be here until Tuesday then we leave back for Vannes. So I hope the family is all doing well. Still no package but there is sister who is serving in Vannes too,from Dallas Texas,  who just got a package so I know it will come.
So Monday after emails me and Elder W. went and did some contacting around Vannes and set up a rendezvous with a member for  FHE but it fell through. So we ended up going porting with no success. Then on Tuesday we had a regular morning but we did make this chicken curry for our district meeting we had today and it was good and a huge hit at the district meeting. We had a district meeting today which was really good and loved it. Then after the district meeting the district leader went on splits with Elder W in Vannes and I went with Elder Davis in St. Brieuc.  This time we had more time so when we arrived in the city this French girl came up to us and said hey you guys are speaking English what are you doing here? We told her and she wanted to meet with us and talk in English. Then the rest of the day we went porting and a couple of people asked for us to come back later.  Super excited about that. Wednesday still in St. Brieuc and we went contacting till lunch and got some phone numbers which was cool. Then we met our companions at the gare (train station) and me and Elder W took a bus back to Vannes. Which was cool because we got to see a lot of France.  It is so beautiful here.  I love it! We then got back to Vannes then we had to go to the church for a meeting with the branch missionary leader.  We discussed missionary activities which I am really excited to see how they pan out. Thursday we taught L. and E. and they are doing great. E. is taking our lessons and understanding them and he is ready for baptism and L. is cutting down on the smoking which is a huge miracle for us. Friday was a usual Friday. We weekly planned and ate and did studies but we did some more porting and visited N. and K. our new amis (friends) and had a great lesson with them. Hopefully they come to church this week. Saturday was fun. We were doing our morning studies when the sisters called and said this guy was scaring them and following them. So we go down there and told this French guy. Now we just walk by the sÅ“urs (sisters) apartment to just check it out.  So the rest of the day was good we went porting some more and this guy opened up this one door and I said Bonjour Madame.  Then I stopped and said to myself dang it and then said Monseiur but he already closed the door .That was fun! Then I poured out my soul to this one guy who we met and was asking us questions about the church and I shared my testimony in French. It was so cool and he took a Book of Mormon. He said give him five days and then call him up. So super excited about that!  Sunday was great!  We taught Sunday school but N. and K. did not come. Then today we rode the train and arrived in Paris and can do emails so I will have some pictures to share next week.  I can’t wait to share them next week. so have a great week and next week I will be in Vannes so we will do emails at normal time again love you so much. 
BUSES (kiss kiss) it’s the way they say hi and bye with the kissing on the cheeks things yea they totally do it haha 

No comments:

Post a Comment